Since having Q, I’ve got a pretty good list of the various items that fall under the “can’t live without” category for me as a new mom. As I was preparing for a good friend’s baby shower last weekend, I stumbled upon a super cute, yet practical, baby gift idea while browsing the internet. A basket full of our own “Favorite Baby Things”, loaded with the items that we loved when we had Q.
I decided to recreate this idea specific to our child’s favorite items, and in doing so, created my new go-to baby shower gift. This particular basket was filled with the following items:
- Handmade Muslin Swaddle Blankets
- Handmade Clothespin Holder (she’s planning to cloth diaper, so line-drying is in her future – tutorial coming soon!)
- Good Morning, Good Night (one of Q’s favorite books)
- BumGenius 4.0 Pocket Cloth Diaper (from her registry)
- Handmade Diaper and Wipes Holder (we actually use this to hold spare outfits in the diaper bag)
- JuDanzy Rainbow Baby Leggings
- Handmade Washcloths
- Handmade Baby Bandana Bibs
- A pack of blank notecards (for all the various thank you notes the new parents will be writing)
And because I’m the awesome person that I am, I’ve included a downloadable basket label for you so that you can easily whip up your own custom ‘favorite things’ basket for a very lucky set of parents-to-be.